Join Us On Facebook

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Billboard Greece Interview + Translation


Here is a translation of the above interview by Panos (Paparizou Forum). The interview was given to Billboard Greece at the shooting of the video clip Baby Its Over, back in March.


Interviewer: Except for your Greatest Hits, what are we going find in your album?

Helena: Except for my biggest hits, there will be 3 new songs, (not including Baby It's Over). I wish they will be in both English and Greek. The songs are written by Swedish people and others, produced by Toni Mavridis. The lyrics in Greek are written by Giannis Doxas. In English, there are foreign people who have written the lyrics. Right now, I can't remember all those names, because usually abroad, there are many people who cooperate to write a song. And, I don't want to forget to say that, this time, that I release a "best of" & more , I sung for first time, words written by Moraitis, and I was very pleased, because I have never had a collaboration with Moraitis. I have recorded the new song. And I can't wait to meet him. That's because, as I worked as a member of Antique, we had never had the luck to meet the composers of each song, I mean, those who have written the music or the lyrics. We were working with "C&N Project" and we could only meet the arrangers-producers as we say in English. In Greece producer is the arranger. When my solo career begun, and I got signed to Sony, I demanded to be able to meet all the composers, lyricists and arrangers or anything.

Interviewer: Will you include any DVD to the GH&M Collection?

Helena: The version that will be available to music stores, will be a triple CD, with many songs. We have included "Just walk Away" which is a live recording from the first Mad Secret Concert, and many other songs, that I 've loved. For example I had completely forgotten a song written by Alex Papaconstantinou called "Taxidi gia to Agnosto", which used to be one of my top favorites, or another song from "Protereotita" album, written by Pegasus called "Pou pige tosi Agapi" [obviously she made a mistake here, because that song is included in Iparxei Logos CD and Iparxei Logos: Platinum Edition]. These are songs that have been very important to my personal life, but they are not widely known to the public, I would say they haven't become hits. Ι think they should have been more known. They are very nice songs, I hope people will enjoy them. And then we will do something "very-exclusive".. We will release a deluxe edition, which will be only available in the internet and in fewer copies. There will be a process that you will have to order and wait for it to arrive and all that stuff, but it will contain much stuff, like posters, an awarding (didn't get that ) from those 500 fans that they will get hold of it, and generally loads of stuff.

Interviewer: Every "Greatest Hits" collection (and that's your first one), aims to make your fans have a look in the past, and see your career. If you had a time-machine, and traveled into time, which point of your career would you like to live again in?

Helena: Oh, I would say many moments, including moments that I 've lived as an Antique member, but this "best of" has to do only with "Helena's Solo Career". Ι have experienced unbelievable moments, in my life, and I 've been very lucky because I 've met very good people, and people that were very useful in what I wanted to do, and people that are not in my life at this time, and helped me at that point of my career, and I owe who I am now to these people. I mean, during Eurovision period, I 've seen many things. I would live to re-experience the night of Eurovision. I 'd also like to live again, that moment, when I was in Spetses (on vacation back in 1999 when Opa Opa became a huge hit all of a sudden), and I received many many phone-calls by journalists from Sweden, saying "Opa Opa? Vad är det för nå?" (meaning "Opa Opa? What's that?") and I was answering "I am on vacation" and I remember I had to go back to Sweden because the song had exploded (in terms of success). Another moment I remember is when I first heard my voice on the radio.. It was like Ι was deafened because I had it in the maximum volum, and I had my ear stuck on the speaker, because it was like I couldn't get enough of that. It was the first time you see, and I couldn't believe it. The first time I did something completely different, it was for the "Energy Radio" in Sweden, when I was a hostess, and we had a famous guest, such as Ricky Martin. The first time I met international stars, such as Celine Dion.. Another moment is with Nana Mouskouri, when I appeared to the French T.V., invited by Nana, and the greatest part was when we had a small duet, and sung a refrain of a song. Ι remember getting off the stage trembling, crying and saying to my self "I have sung with Nana Mouskouri" and Yannis Marketakis, was looking at me and saying "Calm Down, it was very nice!". I couldn't believe it. We are very good friends with Nana, and with many more Greek artists, but Nana Mouskouri is unique. And I 'll mention another artist, who is Charoula Alexiou, and every time I see her she says to me "Please don't cry again" because I get emotional each time I see her since I love her, and listen to her music a lot.

Interviewer: Any video clip or performance that you are proud of? And for what reason? Except for the Eurovision one.

Helena: The truth is that there are nights, that I want to go to youtube to go back in time, and remember all those things that have gone by. I do this job for 12 year, so I 've done many many things, until now. I know there are not too much, because I wish I will do another 122.. I am proud of the first video clip that I 've done with Gavalos.. "Follow Me". It was the first I had done in Greece.. First time I sung a "Hasapiko" song, called Kainouria Agapi where I saw the castle of Monemvasia for the first time... I won't forget the run-through we had done with MTV in Berlin, where we discussed about art... Because we are all into art, even the reporter.. It's something that we deal with all day, and we can't go ahead without this. If I don't occupy myself with something "artistic" a day, it's like I don't live, like that day didn't exist. And then another thing I did I did and enjoyed very much, was "MadWalk"..

Interviewer: Could you describe in 3 words your plans as an artist from now on..?

Helena: I say what I ' like to do, because I can't describe exactly what will happen.. At first place, I want to keep my optimism, work very hard so the result will be good and I want my songs to be loved by the people.. Because, the song is a very important element to our lives, and if the song isn't loved it turns into a 0 and so does the artist. And you know, when you have gotten used to people loving you, it seems bad to you. And I remember, that in the past Christos Dantis had said "It's difficult to top the road but it's very quick but reaching the bottom is very quick". When you start going to the bottom, you can't realize it. Only when you are there you can see it. I want to believe that I will be healthy, keep doing what I do, have a bunch of people around me so I can inspire them, and get inspired by them and do beautiful things with them.

Interviewer: I want you to send one message to all your fans and what would you like to say to Billboard?

Helena: I will begin with the Billboard because I always say "Keep the best for the last" (referring to the fans), so good luck to billboard here in Greece. For my buddies (the fans), I wish them to be very well and I know that they are kinda sad because there are only 4 weeks left of performances (at Diogenis) and I receive many messages and they come back backstage every night there. Somedays they come and we are sharing hugs and crying.. I will miss them, but I swear that I won't be away for TOO long ...

Keep Paparizouing!

No comments:

Post a Comment